Newbie: Perl script to Windows and Linux executable versions.

Hey folks,

I have a perl script that I'd like to be able to run on Windows and
Linux. Is this easily possible?

Here's what I've tried so far... unsuccessfully!

I've tried to install PAR::Packer from CPAN. After having successfully
installed all its dependencies manually, I discovered that I couldn't
install PAR::Packer itself. I got the message:
Can't locate ExtUtils/Embed.pm in @INC ...

I then tried installing ExtUtils/Embed.pm from CPAN. Couldn't. This is
what I got:
CPAN.pm: Going to build D/DO/DOUGM/ExtUtils-Embed-1.14.tar.gz
Writing files for ExtUtils::Embed tests...
Can't locate ExtUtils/Embed.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

Not sure what the current recommended method is in the community for
what I'm trying to do. I'm looking for a 100% free/opensource
solution. Perl2Exe works but only on Windows and with an irritating a
few seconds delay on each invocation.

Regards,
/HS

  • >>>> INSTALL LINUX <<<<
    ... Linux Http Install Syntax ... Install Linux On Usb In Windows ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Flash mob in Maryland on tape
    ... I still haven't got Windows 7 set up enough to ... something I thought was going to install MusicMatch ... Get a CD or USB flash with Linux Live on it! ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: eMachines OEM XP woes - time to buy $tandard?
    ... >>> under Windoze. ... Let's say one wants to install NVU. ... Now show how much easier it is to install MS Office on Linux than ... Windows OS's from Win3.1 to Windows 2003 Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: bad experience with Suse 9.1 on Inspiron 8200
    ... > it is an M$ bug, such technicalities are irrelevant to the end user. ... :-) Windows has ... work as long as they work, trying to install a nitrous ... Linux are at least a *little* bit curious about how their computer works ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Subject: Re: Linux sucks?
    ... > the applications I run in my field do not run on Linux. ... I have cygwin on Windows ... so Windows users only hit this rarely at install. ... XP users hit this when they add hardware and the 'automatic ...
    (Fedora)