Web recognition

Hello,
Its not really related to code, and more related to an algorithem.
(which will be implemented in perl)
my problem is as follows, given a website, for example, http://www.nokia.com,
how can I really determine whether its the manufacturer site (official
nokia's site...) or not? (for example, htttp://www.nokia-fans.com is
not, assuming there is something like that...).

The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT
corresponds the site name, for example, manufactuere name : YTXT , and
website http://www.XXX.co.uk

any idea?

  • Re: Web recognition
    ... my problem is as follows, given a website, for example, ... manufacturer site or not? ... The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT ... whatsoever not a Perl question. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Web recognition
    ... N> (which will be implemented in perl) ... N> The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT ... N> website http://www.XXX.co.uk ... You can look at search engine rankings. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Web recognition
    ... (which will be implemented in perl) ... how can I really determine whether its the manufacturer site (official ... The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT ... website http://www.XXX.co.uk ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Web recognition
    ... (which will be implemented in perl) ... how can I really determine whether its the manufacturer site (official ... I consider a web site as a manufacturer website if and only ... you folks already gave some points which I would go and try, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Word 2003 Refreshes Slow
    ... update the latest driver for your video card from the website of the video ... card's manufacturer ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)