Web recognition

Hello,
Its not really related to code, and more related to an algorithem.
(which will be implemented in perl)
my problem is as follows, given a website, for example, http://www.nokia.com,
how can I really determine whether its the manufacturer site (official
nokia's site...) or not? (for example, htttp://www.nokia-fans.com is
not, assuming there is something like that...).

The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT
corresponds the site name, for example, manufactuere name : YTXT , and
website http://www.XXX.co.uk

any idea?

  • Re: Web recognition
    ... my problem is as follows, given a website, for example, ... manufacturer site or not? ... The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT ... whatsoever not a Perl question. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Web recognition
    ... N> (which will be implemented in perl) ... N> The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT ... N> website http://www.XXX.co.uk ... You can look at search engine rankings. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Web recognition
    ... (which will be implemented in perl) ... how can I really determine whether its the manufacturer site (official ... The real problem arises when the manufacturer name does NOT ... website http://www.XXX.co.uk ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Web recognition
    ... (which will be implemented in perl) ... how can I really determine whether its the manufacturer site (official ... I consider a web site as a manufacturer website if and only ... you folks already gave some points which I would go and try, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: no multimedia device driver
    ... Try going to the manufacturers website and downloading the drivers? ... FCC id number printed on it. ... on the FCC id will provide you with the name of the manufacturer - its ... just use generic drivers for <device x which you did not provide ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)