Re: FAQ 2.6 What modules and extensions are available for Perl? What is CPAN? What does CPAN/src/... mean?

On 6/17/2011 4:00 AM, brian d foy wrote:
In article<4dfafef5$0$23625$ed362ca5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xho
Jingleheimerschmidt<xhoster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And the faq actually *is* dated unless it is kept updated. It's a fact,
why hide it?

It's always dated. There's no way for it to have information that isn't
from the past. :)

*sigh*. I'll try one more time.
-5 years is a long time.
-CPAN stats from 2006 look bad.
-if you can't be bothered to update this entry than remove the date.

  • Re: FAQ 4.36 How can I expand variables in text strings?
    ... brian d foy wrote: ... I don't understand this faq entry. ... misunderstanding what the question is. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: FAQ 5.38 How do I select a random line from a file?
    ... brian d foy wrote: ... read the line you've hit (by searching backwards and forwards for ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: advocacy advice
    ... > "brian d foy" wrote... ... someone in charge has to act like ... The things that people need to know to advocate Perl are the ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Peavy and the Mets
    ... impressed by Bannister, or Craig Swan, or any of the other multitude ... If you actually remember Brian Bannister as a "can't miss" prospect, ... Tell me again how those stats worked out, ...    That you don't trust the ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Messenger Plus! 3 [MsgPlus! 3] Version 3.25 Released
    ... For what it's worth, what Brian says about not checking my site ... According to my stats Brian's system accessed my site ... edited as often as I have been writing about Messenger Plus! ... message (remember, the 'last updated' dates on my site are Australian time, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)