Re: Extracting text from a webpage

greymaus <maus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-06-22, Tad McClellan <tadmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
q-rious <mittra@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's exactly what I meant by client side updates -
javascript and Ajax w/ DOM updates.

$page=`lynx -dump`;

lynx does not do javascript and DOM updates...

--
Tad McClellan
email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"

  • Re: Extracting text from a webpage
    ... The problem is that LWP doesn't have a way to interpret the JavaScript. ... There are ways to do this in Perl, ... at least Javascript, and possibly Ajax with DOM updates, the answer is no. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Extracting text from a webpage
    ... Aren't you breaking one of your posting guidelines by not completely reading ... javascript and Ajax w/ DOM updates. ... lynx does not do javascript and DOM updates... ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)