ssh tullen

Hi,

I have a PostgreSQL database behind a firewall which I can access from a
fixed IP address but obviously not while on the road where I must issue
something like:

ssh -N -C user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -L 5433/localhost/5432

and then run my script to generate the report.

I can in a slightly different context using Net::SSH issue commands
to the remote host, but I have been unable to figure out how to open a
tunnel from within the perl script (preferably with a module, but that's
not really the issue), then do my usual thing, and then close the tunnel
again.

Is this a unique problem? Or can someone point me to a code fragment
that does something like this...

el

  • ssh tullen
    ... I have a PostgreSQL database behind a firewall which I can access ... a tunnel from within the perl script (preferably with a module, ... the tunnel again. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Exchange Outlook und Sygate Personal Firewall
    ... > Ich versuche per Outlook mein Exchange Postfach abzurufen. ... wenn meine Sygate Personal Firewall deaktiviert ist. ... Ich hab deinen Beitrag so verstanden, daß der Tunnel nur aufgebaut ...
    (microsoft.public.de.exchange)
  • Re: Telnet over WAN latency troubleshooting
    ... up an SNMP rule on the firewall central site firewall and let the Alpha ... the tunnel they should not be aware of the traffic type... ... either to the customer central site or our own location. ... the latency is very obvious; when we telnet back to ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: How safe is a VPN connexion from within an internal network?
    ... Your biggest problem will be that with a tunnel originating behind your ... firewall, all the tunnel traffic through your firewall is encrypted and ... How safe is a VPN connexion from within an internal network? ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] so much for "deny all"
    ... Despite the obvious problems firewall vendors are ultimately ... tunnel traffic over innocuous ports. ... Kerry Thompson, CCNA CISSP ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)