Sending emails with Perl

From: jshmoo (jshmoo03_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/25/04

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:18:58 -0600

I'm trying to create a perl script that will read in a text file and send
out emails.

I want to have both html and plain text to send, but I don't want to have
the message in the perl script. I'd like to be able to use templates, so
that I can use the same perl script for different messages. Also, I need
to be able to use variables and substitute them for specific values.

I tried using HTML::Template which works great, but I used an HTML.tmpl
and a text.tmpl. How can I combine these so that I can use both in the
perl script, use the appropriate content-type, and the recipient gets the
"appropriate" message--either text or HTML.

Should I be using a different module? Would Mail::Bulkmail be better? If
so, how would I use that one?

Thank you for your help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: multiple row updates in MYSQL using HTML
    ... > if the checkbox is checked incase you are updating most of the records ... >>all to another perl script to perform the update. ... >>I basically need maintenance of one table with unlimited rows containing ... HTML? ...
    (comp.lang.perl)
  • Re: Creating web pages using Perl.
    ... perl script must generate plain 4.0 HTML code. ... The Perl script will go through all my Audio books and group them by ... the info would come from the directory structure of the audio books. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: CGI scripts and MSIE
    ... Last night I put a perl script into my cgi-bin directory and gave it ... I would guess that you haven't specified in the HTML what the contents ... Most likely the other browsers have defaulted to text/html, ... What you need to do is add a header to the HTML you send back saying ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: CGI scripts and MSIE
    ... Last night I put a perl script into my cgi-bin directory and gave it some ... I would guess that you haven't specified in the HTML what the contents are. ... It's better to use the Perl CGI modules, ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Mixed language programming: C++, C# and Perl
    ... the output from which is an HTML file and a PNG file). ... It's easy to create html with .NET. ... The perl script, and the C++ ... program it calls, lives on our server. ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)