Errors from Net::FTP

From: Bernie Cosell (bernie_at_fantasyfarm.com)
Date: 03/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:35:30 -0500

I'm wondering why I'm not seeing the error messages from Net::FTP... I try
to run the program and I get the error:

Couldn't rename request ftpapd.0329.6373.2:

But the code is:

   $ftp->rename ("tmp$file", $file)
        or die "Couldn't rename request $file: $@\n" ;

Two things:

1) the program is actually sending several files using the same code in a
loop -- in the case above, it failed uploading/renaming the second file.

2) I looked at Net::FTP and it sure seems to copy the returned FTP error
code into $@, but nonetheless I'm getting "blank" back.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the error [and/or where I could find
some error info about what's going on?]. I glanced through Net::FTP and it
didn't look like messing with the debugging stuff would get me any more
information about why the rename failed [the second time through the loop].

Thanks!
  /Bernie\

bernie@fantasyfarm.com            Pearisburg, VA