Re: Mail:Sender - HTML Mail with alternatives problem

From: Bjoern Raue (br_help_at_gmx.org)
Date: 07/26/04

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:52:15 +0200

Gunnar Hjalmarsson schrieb:
> Bjoern Raue wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to generate an HTML mail with text alternatives using
>>the mail:sender module.
>>
>>As everybody can see below the message was created and received but
>>neither the HTML part nor the textpart were inserted by
>>mail:sender.
>>
>>Anybody knows what went wrong? Please don't advise me to use any
>>other perl mailing modules because my provider only supports the
>>mail:sender.
>

> A few comments:
>
> - The version of Mail::Sender used seems to be 0.6. It's very, very
> old. I would recommend that you ask your provider to upgrade.
>
> - It they, contrary to expectation, would refuse to upgrade, you can
> well install the latest Mail::Sender module somewhere in 'your' corner
> of the server.

Thanks for your reply. I already talked to Jenda, the developer of the
mail:sender module. The problem was indeed the old code from 199x as you
expected. So upgrading to a more recent version solved the problem.
Everything works fine now.

Bjoern

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mail:Sender - HTML Mail with alternatives problem
    ... Bjoern Raue wrote: ... > I'm trying to generate an HTML mail with text alternatives using ... I would recommend that you ask your provider to upgrade. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)
  • Re: Anyone has the experience of upgrading Debian from woody to lenny?
    ... You'd have to find a sarge archive to upgrade to, ... me when replying, I might not see either copy. ... O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE Problems
    ... was received from the entity known as terry: ... The system tried to upgrade to KDE3 which not ... html mail or attachments will go in the spam ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • 5.2-BETA and /lib/libutil.so*
    ... I found some stranges after upgrade from 5.1-CURRENT ... Sergey Osokin aka oZZ, ... \ / AGAINST HTML MAIL ...
    (freebsd-current)