Understanding the Devel::Cover module generated reports

From: Siva (csivak24_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 08/17/04

    Date: 17 Aug 2004 09:14:52 -0700

    Can anybody please help me in understanding Devel::Cover module in
    Perl? Your help is greatly appreciated. I am trying to use the module
    Devel::Cover and I can't understand the coverage report.

    This is my environment

    Solaris 2.8, Perl 5.8.5 and Devel::Cover v0.47

    I am executing a test program which tests the following modules
    AAAAA.pm
    BBBBB.pm
    CCCCC.pm
    DDDDD.pm
    EEEEE.pm
    FFFFFF.pm

    I am having a test program called validate which executes the test
    programs v_code_AAAAA.t, v_code_BBBBB.t, v_code_CCCCC.t,
    v_code_DDDDD.t and v_code_EEEEE.t and v_code_FFFFF.t. Each of these
    programs includes the required, respective modules.

    In the validate program I have a similar code

    #! /opt/ABCDEF/perl/bin/perl -w -I/opt/ABCDEF/bin/lib

    use strict;
    use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose);

    my @tests;
    @tests = sort glob "v_code_*.t";

    $Test::Harness::verbose = 1;
    Test::Harness::runtests (@tests);
    exit 0;
    ***************************************
    But when I run the coverage report this code using the following
    commands
    Perl -Mdevel::Cover validate
    Cover -report html

    1. I don't see the CCCCC module and the FFFFF module in the coverage
    report.
    2. Also for the module that shows up (AAAAA, BBBBB, DDDDD and EEEEE)
    in the coverage report when I look into the subroutine coverage I
    don't see all the subroutine that are being tested show up in the
    coverage report.

    But when I run the individual test programs separately I am able to
    see that the subroutine where covered as covered in the test program.

    Thanks
    -Siva

    • Understanding the Devel::Cover module generated reports
      ... Devel::Cover and I can't understand the coverage report. ... I am having a test program called validate which executes the test ... Perl -Mdevel::Cover validate ... in the coverage report when I look into the subroutine coverage I ...
      (comp.lang.perl.modules)
    • Understanding the Devel::Cover module generated reports
      ... Devel::Cover and I can't understand the coverage report. ... I am having a test program called validate which executes the test ... Perl -Mdevel::Cover validate ... in the coverage report when I look into the subroutine coverage I ...
      (comp.lang.perl.modules)
    • Understanding the Devel::Cover module generated reports
      ... Devel::Cover and I can't understand the coverage report. ... I am having a test program called validate which executes the test ... Perl -Mdevel::Cover validate ... in the coverage report when I look into the subroutine coverage I ...
      (comp.lang.perl.modules)
    • New DBI utility functions to help diagnose unicode issues
      ... >> The test program takes some English sentences, ... > b) the perl scalar value has the perl SvUTF8 flag turned on. ... sub data_str_diff { ... (but if you're using Unicode you *really* should be using perl 5.8.x). ...
      (perl.dbi.users)
    • Re: "Wide character in syswrite" in writing an HTML form.
      ... I'm using the latest version of Perl, 5.8.8, with the ... libwww and HTML::Form modules. ... I don't have a complete test program I can show you here, ... where $charset must be the charset of the page containing the form (If ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)