Re: XML-RPC over HTTP with SSL

From: Daniel Lieberman (daniel_at_bitpusher.com)
Date: 01/18/05

    Date: 18 Jan 2005 10:51:37 -0800

    I ended up going with an approach that's slightly more complex, but
    slightly less hackish. I've created packages (with new names) that
    started as cut-and-paste copies of XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP::Daemon and
    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon (where my package based on
    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon still inherits from
    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Server) which add support for an argument hash.
    Currently, the only parameter supported is "SSL" (boolean). I've
    implemented the appropriate branches to select between HTTP::Daemon and
    HTTP::Daemon::SSL based on the value of the SSL parameter (in two
    places: the "require" and the call to ->new).

    I think that if this got folded back into SOAP-Lite it would be a clean
    way to do it, but stylistically it would be out of place (stylistically
    adding the ...::Daemon::SSL would be a better match, though the number
    of packages is starting to get a bit large).
    -Daniel

    Daniel Lieberman
    http://www.bitpusher.com