pdf2txt

From: B P (nature_boyMYPANTS_at_mindspring.com)
Date: 05/28/04

    Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 05:29:18 GMT

    Is there a way via Perl or even Python to capture records from a pdf and
         output a delimited text file? My work has a situation with a trunk
    load of data forms that were scanned as pdfs.

    The data needs to be taken from the forms and moved into a database, so
    I figure that comma-delimited format will work fine. The amount of
    man-hours it would take to manually do this is very cost-prohibitive for
    what we have to work with.

    I know that a txt2pdf exists, was checking to see if the opposite would
    as well. I'm not very versed yet at this language, but I am learning.
    Any assistance or push in the right direction would be appreciated.

    BP