Re: Could I put commands in a variable

From: Daniel Staal (DStaal_at_usa.net)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:55:52 -0500
To: Perl Beginners <beginners@perl.org>

--As of Friday, February 20, 2004 11:25 AM +0000, Rob Dixon is alleged to
have said:

> I haven't looked at your code, but I don't think a rewrite is in the
> spirit of helping beginners at Perl. It may occasionally be the best
> answer, but I suspect you're simply enjoying yourself here ;)

--As for the rest, it is mine.

Well, it's not a from-scratch rewrite. Mostly it's his code: I just took
each section he had GOTO labeled, turned it into a subroutine, then handled
some namespace issues (created by having separate namespaces), and added a
wrapper calling loop.

As for enjoying myself, guilty as charged. ;-)

Daniel T. Staal

This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
local copyright law.

  • Re: GOP: The Party of Civility
    ... 25%ers...those who still thought Bush was doing a heckuva job at the ... end of his second term. ...  Democrats are enjoying the show, ... suspect the other half of the Republican party is watching in horror. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: The Anfractuous Oct 6th
    ... guaranteed to get your viz in Arrivee (especially if you look like a ... total plonker who's not enjoying it) ... I suspect it will be dark by the time I finish ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: The friendly internet backgammon server.
    ... sort of wishing "decades" of enjoying bg to ... I suspect you want my advice like another hole in the head, ...
    (rec.games.backgammon)
  • Re: Shelly Duncan = 2007 Version of Shane Spencer?
    ... but enjoying it while it is happening. ... He was rough on Kim Jones yesterday. ... I'd suspect she'll be visiting him for an overnight ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)