   my ($self) = @_;
   my $id = $self->{_id};

   $greeting_sql->bind_columns(
     \$self->{_salutation},
     \$self->{_firstname},
     \$self->{_lastname},
   );
   $greeting_sql->execute($id);

It turns out I had these in the wrong order -- you should execute() FIRST, and then bind_columns().

   # now here is the magic!
   return $self->SUPER::get_greeting;
 }

If you want to hear more, I can give you more. Let me know if this has gone over your head though. I have a system in mind that would greatly reduce the amount of code in each of Subscriber::DB's methods that link to Subscriber's methods.

I've written the code I mentioned just above. It seems (to me, at least) to be pretty stream-lined. I will produce it if requested. I use a couple tricks throughout, so I'll explain them, of course.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service

  • Re: We share her hate of people.
    ... mind if to talk to me on line as family or attack from satellites, ... from the Head of Government and represents the Non-Political, ... they build new fake legend around Princeton whne some people still ... amongst all people that you do not know Americans ...
    (soc.culture.polish)
  • Re: OT: Ive not met this lunacy before
    ... But I mean well - if I'm irritating, please do bear in mind the fact ... I can't see any reason for forming that opinion about me. ... rocket science is very simple: ... bloody hard keeping my head above water, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Tips for dealing wtih anger?
    ... My head aches. ... I've had a massage therapist tell me that my shoulder ... I was covering up all that stress really well, I guess -- my mind ... I figure, I have to learn not to be angry, I have to learn not to be ...
    (talk.religion.buddhism)
  • Re: Not such good news for Pratchett fans
    ... My father shot himself in the head because he had terminal cancer and had come to the point where the surgery they were offering him for the pain would leave him paralysed and incontinent and likely to have to be institutionalised because my mother would not have been able to cope with the practical aspects of a paralysed man twice her weight. ... The coroner's verdict was 'committed suicide while the balance of his mind was disturbed' but I have never known a more sane man. ... He might even have risked having the op and seeing how he liked life on wheels. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Document Map Confused
    ... I have set up three levels of Heading styles plus on of my own design ... to the left indent of the sub. ... A tab is inserted after the heading text and, after, the Head is ... If I expand the Head 1 entry I get the actual ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)