Re: 'Use Lib' problem...

Tony Frasketi wrote:
Hello listers

I'm trying to use the following 'use lib' statement as described at....
    http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/perl/prog3/ch31_13.htm

    use lib "$ENV{HOME}/libperl"; # add ~/libperl

In a *test* program, I've written....

$ENV{HOME} = 'home/tony/cgi-bin'; # My cgi-bin directory
use lib "$ENV{HOME}/pm"; # Add my personal perl module directory (pm)

However this method doesn't seem to work for me... printing out @INC gives me...

Why are you (re)setting your HOME environment variable from within perl? It should already be set by the shell. You are worried about hardcoding your personal modules directory, but by doing the above you are hardcoding the directory each time you run the script. What gives?
.