Re: LWP get but only get the first 25% then exit/stop_retrieveing
- From: "Purl Gurl" <purlgurl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:14:05 GMT
> Purl Gurl wrote:
> > Al wrote:
> > > Purl Gurl wrote:
> > > > Purl Gurl wrote:
> > > > > Purl Gurl wrote:
> > > > > > Al wrote:
> And both lynx and wget are failing me whilst Perl comes through.
> The page to be scraped appears to have some variables that fail to
> interpolate/dump_content when I use lynx or wget. But I do get the
> full web page content extrapolated when I use LWP::Simple
For weather reports, you will discover this site to be reliable and easy to scrape.
Rather than scrape this site, I simply use their free linkable weather report "gizmo."
Take a look at those two links, then cruise the rest of the site. You might like those
gizmo gadgets and elect to simply use their pre-written html code in a page of yours.
No need for scraping, no need for a script; a weather report automatically appears
within a very attractive graphic which updates every five minutes, automagically.
- Prev by Date: Re: about email sender
- Next by Date: RE: about email sender
- Previous by thread: Re: LWP get but only get the first 25% then exit/stop_retrieveing
- Next by thread: Problem executing a simple script!help please !!