Re: how to develop an editor in perl

Hi Rajeev -

At 2005-12-07, 20:55:59 you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I got a doubt how to develop an editor that can be used to modify files and
>it has to provide movement of cursor from left to right or right.
>
>thanks and regards,
>Rajeev Kilaru

First of all - why would you want to reinvent the wheel with so many excellent _free_
open source editors out there? I'm happy with emacs myself...

But if you really want to, I would start by looking at Perl::Tk - the cross-platform perl
GUI that is tried and true. It has several 'widgets' that sould work for you 'out-of-the-box'.
The Perl::Tk module is included in ActiveState Perl for Windows and is a snap to install on
other OSs.

Good luck and have fun :)

Aloha => Beau;
beaucox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2005-12-07

  • Re: RosAsm User Interface
    ... feature makes editing source code treacherous. ... this form of dedicated Editor is way _more_ secure. ... Keeping the cursor at a screen position is much easier to implement ... it really is your job to convince me. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Suggestion for TPU: revert
    ... Or must you escape to command mode, move cursor, then get ... the screen and was not a "WYSIWYG" editor. ... younger than vi. TECO spawned Emacs, although Emacs today is not based ... but Emacs uses Lisp as its programming language and that is one ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: Source Editor Enhancements
    ... |>Subject: Source Editor Enhancements ... |>positions the cursor under the first nonblank character of the preceding ... and positions the cursor on this column. ... |>indentation level. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.ide)
  • Re: Identifying variables: what process do you follow?
    ... If you use an editor instead, you'll have the ability to go back and add ... C function without including any local variable declarations. ... the cursor to the beginning of the function. ... Advanced users may find editor shortcuts for moving the cursor to the desired ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • OT: Editor like CygnusEd on Amiga
    ... Can anyone give me a recommendation about an editor that is as close as ... the cursor character by character. ... Turbo does not scroll at all, ...
    (Fedora)