Re: perl help

On Tue, 2006-25-04 at 21:09 -0700, Praveena Vittal wrote:
Hi All,

I am newbie of perl joined in this group last month.I could like to
know how could i develop my perl programming and my opinion is only
reading the materials , and other documents related to perl does not
matters.Is there any other way that makes me better in perl like
certifications or etc?

Thanks & Regards,
Praveena

Certificates do not make you a better programmer, practise does. I
suggest you look at PerlMonks Tutorials
http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials They have an extensive list of
tutorials.

BTW, perl refers to the perl program that executes your scripts, Perl is
the name of the language.

--
__END__

Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
--- Shawn

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
Aristotle

* A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/

  • Re: Help me get "Directory" out of full windows path name?
    ... Random Task wrote: ... it seems like you are fairly new to Perl programming. ... I would recommend purchasing ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: simple way to manipulate a crap slinging monkey
    ... For you, the reader, Uri serves well as icon of this deeply ... rooted problem with Perl programming and our Perl community. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Privilege-escalation attacks on NT-based Windows are unfixable
    ... > The ability to execute untrusted code in a sandbox. ... These are both features which protect users that run untrusted code. ... Oops, no, that's perl with taint checking. ... > In the Perl programming language, there's no buffer overflows, barring ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Privilege-escalation attacks on NT-based Windows are unfixable
    ... > The ability to execute untrusted code in a sandbox. ... These are both features which protect users that run untrusted code. ... Oops, no, that's perl with taint checking. ... > In the Perl programming language, there's no buffer overflows, barring ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Simple Structure Question
    ... > Hours of Perl programming, it was so long ago, and past by some many ... Please keep in mind that "struct" is not a Perl term. ... of Perl programming and haven't heard it discussed here much. ... structures using primitive Perl idioms. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)