Re: Removing blank lines

>> $val =~ s/^\s*\n//mg;
>
> I'm not having any luck there either. I'm not sure what is actually
> creating the blank lines. It could be spaces, tabs, or some other
> blank line creator.

The \s marker will match all of those. Can you show us your code please?
Don't forget that your function is returning the modified text and you have
to assign it to something - it won't change the contents of the string you
pass as a parameter written that way.

In this instance I have two blank lines in the delivered HTML between
htmltag1 and htmltag2:

<htmltag1></htmltag1>
[ictag][/ictag]
[ictag][/ictag]
<htmltag2></htmltag2>

If I use the filter like this:

<htmltag1></htmltag1>[filter no_white]
[ictag][/ictag]
[ictag][/ictag]
[/filter]<htmltag2></htmltag2>

I get only one blank line, so it is an improvement. Should it be
possible to remove the blank lines entirely?

- Grant

  • Re: Removing blank lines
    ... Grant wrote: ... > I'm not having any luck there either. ... It could be spaces, tabs, or some other ... htmltag1 and htmltag2: ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Repost -Function in Template
    ... >characters (paragraph signs or tabs) in the file that may be messing things ... >Good luck ... Boris Mohar ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: String issue
    ... No Such Luck wrote: ... discrepancy between the result of strlen, and the string printed, even including the newline. ... How many tabs? ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: program/document
    ... booklet. ... I'm not too computer lingo savy so perhaps there called tabs. ... Good luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RE: Tab Controls Disappear from sight in Form View
    ... I tried that but no luck. ... properly when no tabs and subforms are inserted but as soon as I put them ... the tabs along the top are not viewable when opening the form in Form ... focus being located low on the tabbed page, causing Access to automatically ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)