Re: How to revinent wget?

On 2007/03/14, at 16:10, siegfried wrote:

I'm downloading a lot of debian images using wget these days. Can anyone
suggest where I might look to find a little perl script that will download a
web page, look for all the links containing ".iso" and then reinvent wget to
download them all?

Assuming such a script does not exist, can someone recommend a good set of
packages and functions I would use to reinvent wget?

You can use WWW::Mechanize for browsing the pages and discover the ISO's url and then LWP for grab them.

--
Igor Sutton
igor.sutton@xxxxxxxxx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to revinent wget?
    ... suggest where I might look to find a little perl script that will download a ... look for all the links containing ".iso" and then reinvent wget to ... download them all? ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • How to revinent wget?
    ... I'm downloading a lot of debian images using wget these days. ... suggest where I might look to find a little perl script that will download a ... look for all the links containing ".iso" and then reinvent wget to ... download them all? ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: How to revinent wget?
    ... look for all the links containing ".iso" and then reinvent wget to ... download them all? ... Assuming such a script does not exist, can someone recommend a good set of ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: How to revinent wget?
    ... What I would do it wget the webpage, go through the page with RegEx ... suggest where I might look to find a little perl script that will download a ... look for all the links containing ".iso" and then reinvent wget to ... download them all? ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: My script is...
    ... mess it is hard to read hard to maintain and should be cleaned up ... The easiest way to tidy a Perl script is to run perltidy. ... Perl::Tidy from CPAN and do `man perltidy` to find out how to use it. ... download Perl::Critic and then `man perlcritic`. ...
    (perl.beginners)