WWW:mechanize to fetch content from a web page as you would do with the mouse

Hello,

I am pretty new to perl WWW stuff.
I wrote a perl script to extract information from a web page. this
uses as input a text file that I generate by selecting and copying
grom the web page with the mous ad then pasting the content in
"Notepad"

Now I would like to use WW:Mechanize to fetch the content from perl
but if I use:

####
my $url3 = 'http://www.immobilienscout24.de/find.national/resultDialog.go;jsessionid=D0398EBB9DB46F5\
E9294F3B4DD00E8BC.worker2?iac=1&results.pager=0&event:results.pagerAction=go';

my $mech = WWW::Mechanize->new(agent => "WWW");
$mech->get($url3);
print $mech -> content(format => "text");
####

I do not get the same kind of inoformation, but only some text thjat
is unuseful for me.
Is there a way to get from WWW:Mechanize the same information I would
get using the mouse to select and paste??

Regards

Marco

  • Re: extraction of info from fixed position
    ... it possible to specify some fixed numbers for perl to extract information, ... line3 in the following 3 lines? ... that's what substr is for. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: extract info form web pages
    ... On 2007-03-22, Dave Howorth wrote: ... would extract information into a new page on my hard drive... ... If you are using Perl then also check out WWW::Mechanize and friends. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: extract info form web pages
    ... Adam Funk wrote: ... would extract information into a new page on my hard drive... ... If you are using Perl then also check out WWW::Mechanize and friends. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Segmentation Fault(Core dumped)
    ... But when I started testing my perl script, ... Compilation failed in require at ./test.pl line 13. ... > official business of Sender. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: sharing variables-data perl-asp
    ... Also how do you invoke a perl script from an active server page? ... ASP in Perl. ... Why do you want to shell out to perl when you're already running perl? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)