DBD::Oracle for perl testing issues

I am attempting to install DBD::Oracle for Perl. I am having some
difficulties though. During the make test procedure a number of my
tests fail. One of them is the 10general.t test.

It fails on lines 31 and 32 which has

is system("exit 1;"), 1<<8, 'system exit 1 should return 256';
is system("exit 0;"), 0, 'system exit 0 should return 0';

The errors states that both lines return a value of -1 instead of 256
and 0 respectively.

I don't understand why it would return such a thing because as far as
I can tell it should be returning the correct value. I am using a Unix
system with Solaris 9 and Oracle 10 installed.

Thanks for any help offerened

  • Re: DBD::Oracle for perl testing issues
    ... During the make test procedure a number of my ... tests fail. ... Could your perl binary be misconfigured? ... Stonehenge Perl Training ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Problems to install Apache::Request
    ... I am not very experienced with Perl. ... is to install the module Apache::Request. ... but apparently some tests fail with the following message: ... server has died with status 255 (t/logs/error_log wasn't created, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)
  • Re: attempt to build 64 bit on Solaris fails
    ... > libraries needed to link with a 64-bit Tk. ... We were running a 32-bit version of Perl ... > Each section below is a summary of the commands used to install it. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • Re: attempt to build 64 bit on Solaris fails
    ... libraries needed to link with a 64-bit Tk. ... We were running a 32-bit version of Perl ... Each section below is a summary of the commands used to install it. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • Perl on Linux and SQL Server 2000 on Windows
    ... There was a time when I did a lot of searching on ways to use Perl ... sitting on Linux to connect SQL Server 2000 sitting on Windows. ... cpan> install DBI ... Install FreeTDS ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)