Re: Programming an interface with Perl

On Aug 1, 2:20 pm, darede...@xxxxxxxxxxx (Rafael Morales) wrote:

I'm using some design patterns (MVC, Observer, Strategy), with Perl,
however I see that I need to create some interfaces (watching examples
in Java and C++), but I don't know how to create these interfaces with
Perl, for example in Java this is done with this:

public interface SomeName () {
# some code
}

Is this possible with Perl or is there any other way for do it ???

For those of us who are Java-ignorant (and mostly proud of it),
perhaps you could describe what it is you actually want to do, rather
than just telling us how you would do it in another language.

"Interface" as a generic word means something completely different
than it means as a Java keyword, and I don't at all remember from the
one semester of Java I took 7 years ago what that meaning is.

Paul Lalli

  • Re: dynamic type checking - a pauline conversion?
    ... to actually write the code in Java. ... Is the query handled ... One of the problems with Java typing is small differences in interfaces ... array iteration, List iteration, and database query result iteration all ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: A Collections Framework?
    ... s> In what way do CL generic functions and CLOS fail to be many times ... s> more powerful and better at expressing interfaces than Java ... You see, there are lots of wealthy companies which use Java, and they can afford to hire lots of programmers to write that framework for Java. ... It would be nice to have one, but isn't strictly required, as one can use lists, or hash tables, or FSet library, or one of btree libraries, or uses pieces of cl-contaniers which actually work, or write their own implementation. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Are re-entrant functions not such a big deal?
    ... Java and C# using interfaces. ... This is not supprising given the Java security model. ... in essence nouns are bad class ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Python vs C for a mail server
    ... that is mostly unnecessary with Python. ... > I don't have enough experience with languages that provide interfaces, ... > such as Java, to understand how useful they are, but it's my impression ... I can't comment on "most Java APIs", but if you look at established ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: CLOS Properties Question
    ... In interfaces, you can declare methods, but you ... This mess was the result of the fact that interfaces ... > is even an OOPSLA or ECOOP paper published before the advent of Java ... > Back to the question what this all has to do with multiple inheritance: ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)