Re: How to check integrity of a webpage from perl

On Jul 27, 12:03 pm, rmalg...@xxxxxxxxx (Ravi Malghan) wrote:
Hi: I am looking to build a script that can go to a webpage, login with a username/password, download a page, perform a checksum comparison. Two things I am trying to accomplish.

1. Is the website is up
2. Has the website been compromised.

Others have given good suggestions to grab the page content, but I
just want to point out that your test will not determine if the site
has been compromised, only if it has been defaced. A cracker might
have installed all sorts of nasty backdoors and such that would never
show up on your webpage.

If you have the ability to ssh to your webserver and check the md5sum
of the programs themselves (instead of just their output) then this is
a preferable approach.

David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

  • Re: How to post a url..
    ... the current displayed url and post it to a remote website.. ... without redirecting the page.. ... I am tired of doing the old email cut and paste.. ... So I figured a javascript embeded in a shortcut to grab a url and post ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: rap faq
    ... >> WAs going to grab a copy of this the other day to help me ... >> explain something to a newbie, and then maybe point them to ... >However that website seems to have disappeared. ... INitials of contributors shown in that one. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Import data from a secure website to Excel
    ... It sounds like you'll need to use the IE object to navigate the ... website and grab the data. ... intranet system I was trying to get data from and basically I'll have to ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: bass walks
    ... bass runs over IM. ... YOu can msn to me at captinlo...@xxxxxxxxxxx ... Or I can record some runs and put them on my website for all to grab. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • every nth value
    ... First let me credit Joseph Rubin's website as the source for this formula: ... to be used to grab every third value from a list in $A$2:$A&13. ... Brad ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)