cpan or perl -MCPAN ?
- From: lesley.binks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (LesleyB)
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 04:35:38 -0700 (PDT)
I'm using Linux for some perl play.
Which method is considered better - using cpan as a command at the
command line or using 'perl -MCPAN -e ..'' ?
Does using CPAN by either method above ensure the latest version of
any given module or does it give the latest module for the particular
version of Perl?.
I'm running 5.8 and am aware 5.10 is out there - I would hope modules
would fall gracefully back to 5.8.8 but am aware this might not happen
for some modules.
- Prev by Date: Re: Perl Stops Processing
- Next by Date: Using PERL to retrieve MP3s
- Previous by thread: delete columns csv file
- Next by thread: Re: cpan or perl -MCPAN ?