Re: Perl Serialize object as string

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM, anthony brooke <esia168@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I always thought that Dumper is used for debugging purposes, I will look at it deeper. Btw, what you mean by cyclic data ?
snip

Data::Dumper is often used to display the contents of a data structure
during debugging for precisely the same reason you want to use it: it
produces a string representation of the data structure. Cyclic (aka
self-referential) data structures contain one or more references to
themselves. The simplest example would be a scalar that contains a
reference to itself:

my $s;
$s = \$s;

Data::Dumper can handle them (if they aren't too large), but it can