Re: Finish the script in the time i want

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Armin Garcia <saintarmin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

well i have a problem, i need to terminate some script in 20 minutes, but i
dont know how i can do this, i mean i run my script, but becouse this script
executes another application the only way to stop this aplication is with
"CTRL + C", but i want finish this script in 20 min and i dont want use cron
or at i want to do this with perl. If somebody knows how can i do this with
perl modules or use some function... please let me know....

Thanks for all

Take a look at alarm*. You may also wish for more control of your
external processes, and in that case you should look at fork**,
waitpid***, exec****, and kill*****.

* http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/alarm.html
** http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/fork.html
*** http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/waitpid.html
**** http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/exec.html
***** http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/kill.html

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net

  • Re: [PHP] Passing vars w/refresh w/register globals off?
    ... Dont know why you want to, ... This wasy all you need is pass the ID within the browser. ... > switch for routing to desired pages according to form input data. ... I'm thinking the old script would be php3 and the new ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Looking for maybe impossible script?
    ... The admin rights on the laptops were ... Even if i could get a script that would notify me of such ... I just dont have the time. ... aide fix and tracing them down to the port an then shuting it off. ...
  • Re: Running Login Script after establishing a VPN connection
    ... I dont know what you mean by a "pure batch command". ... "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote: ... This would be equivalent to your current VB Script program ... The network drive disconnects before the bat file ...
  • Re: Logs remote ip when connects to exchange, ftp, or remotly to s
    ... Thanks for your help I wont argue anymore. ... I appreciate everything now I am looking for a script to extract ... >> server through remote desktop on the desktop of his server it showed the ... I just dont know how to make this script see I am going to ...
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] reduction of brute force login attempts via SSHthrough iptables --
    ... Anyhow its no problem at all to modify, so if you dont like it, just dont use it. ... on a lame script like this as long as it WORKS and is not insecure. ... echo "~ sorting out ip by ip" ... # echo "not enough failed logins, probably no attack from: ...
    (Full-Disclosure)