Re: I want a perl script for?

From: "Vinayak dutt" <vinayak.dutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Am vinayak here.
As am new to Perl and their is a requirment which says -
1. There exists a .zip which contains folders and file.

Have a look at the Archive::Zip module.

2. Search for 'makefile' in the respective folders and store them in a text
file.

Looks to me like it will be best to extract all the folders and files
first and then use module File::Find or File::Find::Rule to search
and process the files.

3. And search for .c files in them and list them in separate text file.
4. Then the files that exists other than .c files should be removed from the
dir.

perldoc -f unlink

Jenda
===== Jenda@xxxxxxxxxxx === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
-- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery

  • Re: I want a perl script for?
    ... There exists a .zip which contains folders and file. ... And search for .c files in them and list them in separate text file. ... I think that, since you are new to Perl, it would be better to extract the ... makefile in them. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Parsing Path Data into Tree Structure
    ... for a way of creating a tree structure to display folders and titles ... of images contained in those folders. ... very plain text string describing a path and parse that into a tree to ... I won't bore you with since its jscript and not perl) ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Automated file management solution
    ... Grab the PERL book and start writing... ... > automatically move the files in those folders to other named folders on ... > that customer is named with the 3-letter abbrev. ... > 3-letter abbreviation to a corresponding customer folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • OT: perl mail problems
    ... From there I need to get a list of the folders available- and thats where I get stymied. ... The imap is very sketchy... ... Although I did see one complete example with pop3, but it won't work for imap. ... I'm only trying to create some tools which will handle some situations apparently only local to my systems, and improve my perl foo before I start creating modules of my own and testing mod_perl. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Perl - MultiUser Webserver Environment Help
    ... Perl interpreter only allow listings of certain files and folders to ... Please post server configuration problems in a newsgroup ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)