Re: gateway between googlegroups and the list

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Jeff Peng <peng.kyo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I saw many people posted messages to both googlegroups and the beginner list.
Why can't we make a gateway between googlegroups and this list?
Like python, people posted to either the list or groups, readers can
get messages at both locations.
snip

The problem isn't people posting to perl.beginners group and the
perl.beginners list (the group is just an nntp gateway to the list).
The problem is that people are posting to Perl Monks,
comp.lang.perl.misc, and the perl.beginners list at the same time.
Thus wasting the time of at least two groups of people.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net

  • Re: gateway between googlegroups and the list
    ... Like python, people posted to either the list or groups, readers can ... perl.beginners list (the group is just an nntp gateway to the list). ... The problem is that people are posting to Perl Monks, ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: gateway between googlegroups and the list
    ... Like python, people posted to either the list or groups, readers can ... perl.beginners list (the group is just an nntp gateway to the list). ... The problem is that people are posting to Perl Monks, ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Another exaggerated rumor of MUMPS premature demise
    ... If you're interested in checking out Python + GT.M using our m_python ... gateway to Mumps globals. ... drop-down lists in forms much faster than PHP and perl. ...
    (comp.lang.mumps)
  • Re: Can Windows Vista drivers be tweaked to work with Windows XP?
    ... If you don't know how to ignore a posting, ... I got a new system (with Vista, ... So, like most people without a lot of money to blow, I made my system dual bootable for Windows XP. ... The OEM of the computer, Gateway, is refusing to be any help at all. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev)
  • Re: gateway between googlegroups and the list
    ... Why can't we make a gateway between googlegroups and this list? ... Like python, people posted to either the list or groups, readers can ... perl.beginners list (the group is just an nntp gateway to the list). ... list will annoy the readers of CLPM. ...
    (perl.beginners)