Can't locate feature.pm in @INC

Hello, at http://search.cpan.org/~rgarcia/perl-5.10.0/pod/perlsyn.pod#Switch_statements they say
Starting from Perl 5.10, you can say
use feature "switch";

But when I am using "This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi"

I still got error of

william@william-pc:~$ perl
use feature "switch";
Can't locate feature.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at - line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at - line 1.

How can I solve this ? Thanks

  • Re: Needless flexibilities and structured records [very long]
    ... One of the more unique features of Perl OO is that there is no such ... probably lesser-known one, namely, the lvalue object. ... feature can be used to execute a subroutine named something::import at ... You can look up the inheritance here instead of having the user specify ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Bug in #! processing (long reply)
    ... The way to support the documented feature is on a per-shell basis. ... The command interpreter is passing the remaining arguments to the ... hack where the perl script starts being executed as a sh ... sh will pass it off to perl. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: File::Find help
    ... Maybe Perl 6 will finally kill it (I ... Some people suggested documenting this 'feature'. ... Tom said that Larry ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: practical perl guides.
    ... Wanted to ask a question about practical beginners guides for perl. ... Was hoping to expand on this with some practical and hands on guides to perl. ... personally I struggle to learn from the this is a language feature format like. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: whats your most favourite feature of perl?
    ... What's your most favourite feature of your girlfriend? ... I like Perl because it's Perl and I ... namespaces and the power of namespace ...
    (perl.beginners)