Re: CGI scripting

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Irfan Sayed<irfan_sayed2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I need to configure Apache web server to execute the CGI scripts (in perl). Servers has windows XP operating system.
i have downloaded apache but i am not able to see any www folder in the installed dir. of apache.

do i need to configure IIS on this machine? and then manualy create the cgi-bin dir. and keep the perl scripts inside that?
please let me know the steps so that i can configure the same and execute perl script in web browser.

first, you have to decide which web server you want to use, IIS or
apache? If you will use apache, then you need to configure the apache.
if you will use IIS, then you need to configure IIS.

--
Regards,
Eko Budiharto

  • Re: multiuser permissions
    ... > Apache runs as user apache, ... > PHP runs within Apache in SAFE_MODE, which blocks joeuser's scripts ... > from opening any files not created by joeuser. ... Perl scripts can also, ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: DNS
    ... machine I had my web server running. ... What is possible - updating using scripts, or running BIND on ... running BIND and Apache is certainly possible - the ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • CGI scripting
    ... I need to configure Apache web server to execute the CGI scripts (in perl). ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Apache/PHP Post Variables
    ... testing of scripts on their personal machine using Apache as a web server. ... This other person reports that in their PHP scripts when tested with Apache, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: newbie CGI error Premature end of script headers.
    ... Apache is working, Perl is working from the command line, but CGI ... apache program to install something can't create devices and install and ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)