CGI scripting

Hi All,

I need to configure Apache web server to execute the CGI scripts (in perl). Servers has windows XP operating system.
i have downloaded apache but i am not able to see any www folder in the installed dir. of apache.

do i need to configure IIS on this machine? and then manualy create the cgi-bin dir. and keep the perl scripts inside that?
please let me know the steps so that i can configure the same and execute perl script in web browser.

Regards
Irf

Relevant Pages

  • Re: multiuser permissions
    ... > Apache runs as user apache, ... > PHP runs within Apache in SAFE_MODE, which blocks joeuser's scripts ... > from opening any files not created by joeuser. ... Perl scripts can also, ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: There is a new GPS on the block
    ... about how Apache decides which files to serve as text and which to ... scripts, too, because their names match the same pattern. ... why I wouldn't want to execute scripts, ... If the Israelis are to lay down their arms ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Any Perl that works offline from WinXP desktop?
    ... I'm looking for a Perl program that will allow me to ... > execute Perl scripts offline on my WinXP desktop. ... GCI scripts you are probably better off installing a web server. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: There is a new GPS on the block
    ... about how Apache decides which files to serve as text and which to ... scripts, too, because their names match the same pattern. ... We went 'round and 'round about ... why I wouldn't want to execute scripts, ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Security Breach ?
    ... > Alright well not it's certain I have a friend on my system. ... A perl script does not have to be executable to run. ... Perl can run the contents simply by reading it, without having execute ... The same thing applies to shell scripts, python scripts, etc. ...
    (Fedora)