Re: Using array of reference variables in perl

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 01:16, Sooraj S <soorajspadmanabhan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your reply..

I have used all the standard headers. The only thing that am concerend
is that i want my array opt as an array of references.
@opt = (\$opt1,\$opt2,\$opt3);

When i iterate through the array, if it finds my condition to be
matched, it should set the value to 100, so that the original options
should get changed.

Pls clarifiy this.
snip

The answer is don't do that. I showed you a simpler way to do what
you desire in the example code I sent in the last email. If you have
any specific questions about that code, please ask them.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net

  • Re: Test if memory pointer is valid?
    ... I can see setting a new pointer initially to the address of the beginning of an array, for example, and then incrementing the pointer to address subsequent elements, but that would usually be done inside a function, where the new pointer would go out of scope at the end of the function and be reinitialized if it is called again. ... I would like to see a specific example where it is necessary to have multiple references such as this where it would be necessary to check for it having been freed. ... copies of all the TLabel references already in the form as individual ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: UBound not in Intellisense. References problem?
    ... but you can produce an array by using Value ... I wouldn't worry about it not appearing in intellisense. ... > I wonder if I have a corruption in my registration of References, ... I get UCase, UCase$, but no UBound. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: How come Ada isnt more popular?
    ... The language does not require array implementation to be contiguous. ... then But non contigous representation of arrays will really stress ... It's easy with value-oriented languages (i.e. languages ... use references because of that. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Reclaiming Memory
    ... example, handles to device context, memory addresses, etc.), VB is actually ... VB will clean up references to objects all ... It's a little unusual to use an array to store object references. ... unusual to use a variant array for what you apparently are (at least I'VE ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.com)
  • Re: subroutines, prototyping, and pass by reference question
    ... > There are three main reasons to use references: ... > sub process_string { ... > #we have now copied our 8 million character string ... > There is no way to create, for example, a two-dimensional array without ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)