Re: Opposite benchmark results between Linux and Windows

2010/8/11 Chas. Owens <chas.owens@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 08:39,  <rkb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My theory is that 5.10.x implemented some optimizations
that improved the speed of strftime.
snip

Unlikely, I don't remember any big changes to strftime (it is
implemented by Perl_my_strftime in [util.c][0] if you want to check).
I ran your code against 5.12.1, 5.10.0, and 5.8.9 on OS X and got

Me also. Didn't get big difference among the three versions for that function.

--
Jeff Peng
Web: http://home.arcor.de/pangj/

  • Re: Opposite benchmark results between Linux and Windows
    ... I don't remember any big changes to strftime (it is ... static char ret; ... return ret; ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Welcome to comp.lang.c!
    ... > CBFalconer wrote: ... snip ... ... >> But there seems to be no way to get ISO format from strftime(). ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: trying to use IO::Handle
    ... Owens wrote: ... space if date is single digits (April 3 gets additional space vs April 11 ... from man strftime ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: trying to use IO::Handle
    ... space if date is single digits (April 3 gets additional space vs April 11 ... from man strftime ... The most important skill a programmer can have is the ability to read. ...
    (perl.beginners)