Re: Auto correction of typos

Hi Ramprasad,

On Saturday 05 Mar 2011 08:53:49 Ramprasad Prasad wrote:
I have a web form where people sign up for updates by filling in their
email address

A lot of users end up not receiving the confirmation mailer because of
typos in the email id
Like yhaoo.com or hotmaill.com

I would like to prompt the user for a possible typo , like the google "Did
you mean this ? "
What is the best module I can use for suggestion

Well, you can try doing a DNS lookup but naturally, it's possible some people
have registered an MX address for "yhaoo.com" or "hotmaill.com", due to
phishing or as a parody, or because of a different reason. If you want to find
out if an email address exists in the remote host, I think you'll need to
initiate an SMTP connection.

Note that I suggest you allow the user to login again and to later on change
the password. Moreover, many modern browsers, will auto-fill a field based on
the name="...." attribute so you should set it to name="email".

Regards,

Shlomi Fish