Re: Auto correction of typos

Hi Ramprasad,

On Saturday 05 Mar 2011 08:53:49 Ramprasad Prasad wrote:
I have a web form where people sign up for updates by filling in their
email address

A lot of users end up not receiving the confirmation mailer because of
typos in the email id
Like yhaoo.com or hotmaill.com

I would like to prompt the user for a possible typo , like the google "Did
you mean this ? "
What is the best module I can use for suggestion

Well, you can try doing a DNS lookup but naturally, it's possible some people
have registered an MX address for "yhaoo.com" or "hotmaill.com", due to
phishing or as a parody, or because of a different reason. If you want to find
out if an email address exists in the remote host, I think you'll need to
initiate an SMTP connection.

Note that I suggest you allow the user to login again and to later on change
the password. Moreover, many modern browsers, will auto-fill a field based on
the name="...." attribute so you should set it to name="email".

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

  • Auto correction of typos
    ... I have a web form where people sign up for updates by filling in their email ... A lot of users end up not receiving the confirmation mailer because of typos ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Re=3A_Auto_correction_of_typos?=
    ... A lot of users end up not receiving the confirmation mailer because of typos ... MaxMind has a module Email::IsFree though I'm not sure if it's helpful to you. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Fwd: Re: Auto correction of typos
    ... Subject: Auto correction of typos ... On Saturday 05 Mar 2011 08:53:49 Ramprasad Prasad wrote: ... large mail domains like yahoo, ... Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/ ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Search Engines
    ... Sorry for all the typos just I am tired of the harassment I am ... receiving from a company that does not even own the domain name to ... submitt to search engines to remove the title name my site has ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)