[Solved] DBD::Oracle 1.46 can't find library

From: Stephen \ Wales (Stephen.Wales_at_riotinto.com)
Date: 02/15/05

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:38:36 -0700
To: <dbi-users@perl.org>

Posting this just for the record, in case anyone else has the same
problem as I had and can find the solution via a web search...

Eventually, I recompiled perl with the newest DBI (1.47) and DBD::Oracle
1.16.

I noticed that I was having problems if I did testing without
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set (I use HP, others may use other Unix versions and
may need SHLIB_PATH). It was having trouble loading libwtc9.sl, which
must be somehow involved in calling the DBD::Oracle functions. Once
LD_LIBRARY_PATH was defined, then we had everything working. Next
problem was how to make that environment variable visible to apache.

I entered the following into my httpd.conf in /opt/hpapache2/conf

SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /oracle/product/9.2.0.2/lib

And now I hav a working perl with Oracle support.

Steve

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.