RE: inserting XML Document into Oracle database using a stored procedure

I am a newbie in this, so not sure if I am asking the correct question?
If you guys need some specific information let me know.

The problem is I do not know what the problem is. I am not getting any
error message.

I expect the script to insert a xml document into the oracle database.

I have a stored procedure which is expecting a XmlType type parameter.

So in my perl script I create a XML::DOM object and then call the get
DocumentElement method which returns a DocumentElement which I bind with
the bind_param method. See code below.

my $infile = "designInfo.xml";
my $dom_parser = new XML::DOM::Parser;
my $doc = $dom_parser->parsefile($infile);

When I tried the above nothing happened.

$func1->bind_param(":param1",$doc->getDocumentElement(), { ora_type =>

When I tried the above line nothing happened

$func1->bind_param(":param1", "<test> foobar </test>", CLOB);

When I tried this I get the error wrong type being passed.