From: Terry Maragakis [mailto:TMaragakis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 5:56 PM
To: dbi-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Oracle DBD runtime error

I just installed DBI and Oracle DBD.

I can run the following program without error as root:

echo DEFANGED.74
#!/bin/perl -w

use DBI;

use DBD::Oracle;

my $dbh=DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:DWHDEVR1","scott","tiger");

But when I try to run it under my own user ID I get the following error:

Can't load
'/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle' for module DBD::Oracle: perl: fatal:

10.1.0/db_1/lib32/ Permission denied at

un4-solaris-64int/ line 230.

at ./ line 4

Compilation failed in require at ./ line 4.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ line 4.

It looks like a permissions problem but I cannot figure out where.

The Oracle version is 10.1 on Solaris 10.

Terry Maragakis