Re: Prolog in a Java Tomcat environnement

From: Paul Singleton (paul_at_jbgb.com)
Date: 11/15/04

    Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:50:48 +0000

    The JPL which is bundled with current (5.4.x) SWI-Prologs supports
    embedding SWI-Prolog in servlets, and I'll email you a sample web
    app which demonstrates this. There's some newish API, not yet
    finalised, which would simplify passing (references to) Java objects
    into Prolog, and you're welcome to try this out and comment on it.

    At this stage, it's all about enabling Prolog to respond to HTTP
    requests while getting the container (Tomcat or whatever) to do
    as much of the work as possible and factoring out other common stuff
    into a reusable interface. Not all design decisions are obvious
    (to me) and some fresh inupt and experience would be good.

    Responding with HTML content is a separate issue (the HTTP interface
    is MIME-type neutral) and you have various options...

    Paul Singleton