IDLE not working under windows.....

From: Fuzzyman (michael_at_foord.net)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: 6 Jan 2004 04:28:08 -0800

At least I've been advised by the 'officials' (in response to my bug
report at sourceforge) to only start IDLE with the '-n' argument
because sub-processes 'don't work' on windows.

In fact the problem is that IDLE currently only uses a single socket
and so hangs if you try to open a second version of the shell.....
Which means so long as I rememebr to only open one shell it works
fine...... So I have two file associations for IDLE now......

The trouble is that opening without a subprocess means that if you
edit any modules you have to close IDLE and reload the main program to
test changes in the module... which is mightily a pain.....

So IDLE on windoze is very much a work in progress...............

Fuzzy