Python Script for Running a Python Program over Different Files in the Directory

From: Shalen chhabra (
Date: 03/13/04

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:22:09 +0000

Can anyone give me a snippet for running a python program over all the files
in the directory.
For ex: I have ten files in a directory and I want to run a python program
against all of these files, I wish to do the same using another python code
instead of running each of these files one by one, which would be cumbersome
giving the argv of each file every single time.

This can be easily done using a shell script but I just wanted to have a
flavour of python for this.

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer)