Parrot for Python

From: Sridhar R (sridharinfinity_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/03/04

Date: 3 Apr 2004 02:51:48 -0800

Hi,

I come across the Parrot project. Seems like it is a better
compromising alternative for .NET and Java. That is, we can develop
applications in Python (for productivity) and still can interact with
components written in other languages, as they were compiled to the
parrot byte code.

But my concern is, how will Python interoperate with Parrot. Since,
Python has strong interospection, won't it be difficult to generate
parrot code from python source file.

For doing a simple attribute reference,
a.b = 10

the parrot code will be bigger (dict find, get, assign ...)

Another question.

Why is Java so popular than Python. Are the technologies for Java
available for Python (no ... no jython)? We can implement them in
python if we want. But the difference is speed.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Programma free per fare siti
    ... Con magari il sogno di potere fare convivere oggetti Python e Ruby. ... Io temo che qualsiasi altra "macchina virtuale generalizzata" tipo ... Parrot avra` lo stesso problema di Parrot: ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: Confused about properties, descriptors, and attributes...
    ... how Python stores the state of an object. ... as keys and references to other objects as values - one of these name/ref pairs pointing to the class object. ... Descriptor in a Class, and a Property in a Class? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Simple questions on use of objects (probably faq)
    ... orientation. ... Now we create a new instance of Parrot: ... Python to make it work -- changes which are of dubious benefit. ... just doing things with lists of ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Mac e programmazione
    ... Parrot viene fuori come una costola del progetto Perl 6, ... L'ultima cosa che ho sentito in merito e` (da un tizio che si chiama Sam ... chi altri piu` adatto per seguire un porting di Python alla VM di ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: Parrot for Python
    ... > I come across the Parrot project. ... how will Python interoperate with Parrot. ... > parrot code from python source file. ...
    (comp.lang.python)