Re: Parrot for Python

From: Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone (dialton3#NOSPAM#.despammed_at_virgilio.it)
Date: 04/03/04

Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 11:44:58 GMT

sridharinfinity@yahoo.com (Sridhar R) writes:

> Why is Java so popular than Python. Are the technologies for Java
> available for Python (no ... no jython)? We can implement them in
> python if we want. But the difference is speed.

There is no reason... Sun is behind java, who is behind Python? Java
has a very little library advantage IMHO. Python is growing everyday,
as Tim Bray says in his blog here:
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/05/08/FutureLanguage

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Linux User #310274, Gentoo Proud User

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IronPython-0.6 is now available!
    ... > Yes, of course, completely without support from Sun - and it's ... > on Java platform. ... notion that it is good idea to keep building new languages. ... new scripting language that "includes features found in Python, Ruby, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Java -> ActionScript?
    ... Lage sein Java zu verdrängen? ... In Ruby geht das ja, ... Andere Sprachen wie Python oder auch Ruby sind eh ... Die Syntax sollte jedoch das Programm nicht begraben. ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Python or Java or maybe PHP?
    ... Python or Java? ... Ruby (with Rails, of course, as the server-side framework), Python (many ... this cuts both ways (once you've decided on Java as the language you ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: iniziare a programmare
    ... studiare python o ruby (anche se ora vorrei leggere qualcosa su python, ... javascript(ma quest ultimi non sono utili al fine del post) ... Ruby si accorge immediatamente di cosa intendo quando voglio dire che ... Java è macchinoso. ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: why is "self" used in OO-Python?
    ... When you define a method in Java there is an implicit 'this' passed to the ... Python cannot tell when you define a function whether the function ... Some languages don't allow you to encapsulate ...     def phone: ...
    (comp.lang.python)