urllib proxy question?

From: Alex Santos (alex.santos_at_gmx.net)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 18:13:18 +0200

i wrote a python prog that reads a url via urlib to find out the public ip
of the computer, my problem is that, if someone sets a proxy in teh internet
explorer, the urllib works also over a proxy and i dont get the right public
ip of my computer?

has sombody an idea, how to disable this behavior of the urllib?

thanks,
alex

Relevant Pages

  • Re: setuptools, ez_setup over http proxy
    ... > proxy. ... I'd now like to be able to use setuptools and ez_setup via this ... The key thing is just that Python's urllib module needs to be able to ... > "....If you are behind an NTLM-based firewall that prevents Python ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: setuptools, ez_setup over http proxy
    ... > proxy. ... I'd now like to be able to use setuptools and ez_setup via this ... The key thing is just that Python's urllib module needs to be able to ... > "....If you are behind an NTLM-based firewall that prevents Python ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: urllib proxy question?
    ... > of the computer, my problem is that, if someone sets a proxy in teh internet ... > explorer, the urllib works also over a proxy and i dont get the right public ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • urllib and urllib2, with proxies
    ... I just maybe hit a bug in both urllib and urllib2, ... doesn't support proxy authentication, and if you setup the http_proxy ... the proxy, however, instead of using CONNECT with https, it simply does ... response = self._open ...
    (comp.lang.python)