Re: terminological obscurity

From: Arthur (
Date: 05/28/04

Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 05:29:49 GMT

On Fri, 28 May 2004 04:28:00 -0000, "Donn Cave" <>

>| Yet you insist, with a fresh start on all this, on using the
>| terminology "homogenous data".
>Oh, well. You knew what he meant, though, didn't you?

Not really. In fact to someone like myself who has a decent practical
and intuitive sense of the use of lists in Python, the employment of
this terminology seems almost like purposeful mystification.

If he simply said "list" I would know what he was talking about.

And that was just as true when this thread started.

As interesting - in some sense - as the discussion has been, and as
wrapped up in it as I got, I realize I haven't learned anything
actually useful.

Did I take a detour.

This is my impression more of how Lisp people like to spend their time