Re: pdf2txt

From: Benjamin Niemann (b.niemann_at_betternet.de)
Date: 05/28/04

Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:43:41 +0200

B P wrote:
> Is there a way via Python or even Perl to capture records from a pdf and
> output a delimited text file? My work has a situation with a trunk
> load of data forms that were scanned as pdfs.
>
> The data needs to be taken from the forms and moved into a database, so
> I figure that comma-delimited format will work fine. The amount of
> man-hours it would take to manually do this is very cost-prohibitive for
> what we have to work with.
>
> I know that a txt2pdf exists, was checking to see if the opposite would
> as well.
>
> BP
Have a look at pdftext, part of xpdf
(http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/home.html). This will convert the pdf into
plaintext format. You will probably have to parse this plaintext to
convert it into somesthing useful.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: pdf2txt
    ... > Is there a way via Perl or even Python to capture records from a pdf and ... > The data needs to be taken from the forms and moved into a database, ...
    (comp.lang.perl)
  • pdf2txt
    ... Is there a way via Perl or even Python to capture records from a pdf and ... The data needs to be taken from the forms and moved into a database, ...
    (comp.lang.perl)
  • Re: pdf2txt
    ... > Is there a way via Python or even Perl to capture records from a pdf and ... > The data needs to be taken from the forms and moved into a database, ... Maybe you can call these from Python, or link via a C extension. ...
    (comp.lang.python)