Re: dispatch tables in Python 2.4

From: Paul Moore (pf_moore_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 08/07/04

Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 16:34:02 +0100

michele.simionato@gmail.com (Michele Simionato) writes:

> BTW, what's the status of the so called "functional" module? I think
> there was a rumor of such a module scheduled for Python 2.4 or 2.5.
> To play with decorators we really need some standard way to compose
> functions and to do partial application of arguments.

PEP 309 is marked as "Accepted", and an implementation patch exists.
The PEP needs updating, and there are possibly a few more procedural
things to do before the code is checked in. I emailed the author of
the PEP on Friday, asking about this. I think it's mainly lack of
tuits.

The PEP only covers partial application, BTW.

Paul.

-- Arthur C. Clarke

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1
    ... It would be nice to give also the link to the whole changelog in your ... On behalf of the Python development team, ... PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection ... adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0
    ... On behalf of the Python development team, ... PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection ... adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0
    ... On behalf of the Python development team, ... PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection ... adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library ...
    (comp.lang.python.announce)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... There aren't true constants in Python, but instead we use a standard ... defined by PEP 8, which states constants are in all caps, for example, ... PEP 8, that is) ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: singleton decorator
    ... def singleton: ... if cls not in instances: ... What's the problem with this code because it's only copied for the PEP ... class decorators have not been implemented so far. ...
    (comp.lang.python)