[Ann] Voidspace Pythonutils Website Change and Updates

From: Michael Foord (mike_at_pcblokes.com)
Date: 01/12/05

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:26:55 +0000
To: python-announce-list@python.org, python-list@python.org, pythonutils@voidspace.org.uk

The Voidspace Pythonutil Pages have had a long overdue overhaul. The url
of the Voidspace Pythonutils homepage has changed. It is now :

There are now separate pages for programs, modules, recipes, and CGIs.
Several of the bigger modules and programs have their own pages.

The following modules have also been updated :

Version 2.1.0 6th Jan 2005

This simple 'Flexible Output Object' has now been updated to work with
sys.stderr as well as sys.stdout. It can log them separately or to the
same file.

StandOut is a simple way of adding 'variable verbosity levels' to your
program *and* logging, just using normal print commands.

Version 1.2.0 3rd December 2004
The Voidspace Python Guestbook has been updated.
You can now use sendmail instead of smtplib as an option (my current
host will only allow sendmail).
License change (again!) - now the BSD license.
Changed to use the UTF-8 encoding throughout. We ought to be able to
accept 'foreign' (non-ascii) entries now.

Version 3.2.3 2nd December 2004
Fixes a critical bug and a couple of minor improvements.

ConfigObj is for simple but powerful config file parsing/creation.

Fixed bug in creating non-flatfiles from scratch. (__comments__
KeyError). (critical bugfix)
Tuple entries are written out as lists rather than being converted to
When an exception is raised, it's no longer printed first.
Added the istrue method.
Changed the license to BSD-License.

As far as I know these are the only substantial changes to modules. A
few others have had *minor* bugfix updates as well.