import problems *newbie*

From: mike kreiner (
Date: 01/14/05

Date: 13 Jan 2005 21:58:36 -0800

I am having trouble importing a module I created. I'm running PythonWin
on Windows XP if that helps. I saved my module in a folder called
my_scripts in the site-packages directory. I edited the python path to
include the my_scripts folder (it now reads
When I try to import the module, I get this error:

>>> from PolyDraw import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
ImportError: No module named PolyDraw

When I select Browse PythonPath from the tools menu, I'm able to locate
my module,

The problem goes away if I open from PythonWin, which I'm
assuming is because opening the module makes my_scripts the current
working directory. This is just a quick workaround, but I'd like to
know how to fix the problem. Thanks.