Re: Building Python with Tcl/Tk on Cygwin_NT-5.1

From: Jason Tishler (jason_at_tishler.net)
Date: 02/28/05

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:40:41 -0500
To: "Dean N. Williams" <williams13@llnl.gov>

Dean,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:34:20AM -0800, Dean N. Williams wrote:
> I have a other Cygwin port question. It turns out that the auto-import
> for XtStrings an widgetClass didn't get resolved. This a similar
> auto-import resolving error that I got when trying to build Tcl/Tk. I
> ended up using the shared Tcl/Tk that came with Cygwin. But in this
> case I must be able to build my software. Can you tell me how to get
> around this problem? Or can you tell me which cygwin mail list to send
> my plea for help?

I recommend trying the main Cygwin list:

    cygwin at cygwin dot com

> gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -o gplot gplot.o cgm.o ccgm.o
> utils.o io.o carray.o devices.o hload.o emul.o tty.o ps.o cgmc.o
> xws_cla.o xws_color.o xws_delim.o xws_marker.o xws_polygon.o
> xws_polyline.o xws_setup.o xws_text.o drvcla.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXp
> -lXpm -lXaw -lXmu -lXext -lXt -lX11 /usr/lib/libm.a -lc
> Info: resolving _XtStrings by linking to __imp__XtStrings (auto-import)
> Info: resolving _widgetClass by linking to __imp__widgetClass (auto-import)

However, I also recommend providing more information than the above.

Jason

  • Re: (OT) Learning C (in order to patch nethack, so not entirely OT after all)
    ... You're the second person on this thread to recommend it. ... m6811-elf folder seems to be the one I'm interested in, ... development system, including editor, project manager, compiler and so ... out how to trasfer files between cygwin and the windows OS it's ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: awka not compiling on win32
    ... So, if you haven't already done so, I recommend trying it with Cygwin. ... I did as you suggested and I confirm awka compiles and works with Cygwin. ... it runs out of memory because of some buffer limits set ...
    (comp.lang.awk)
  • Re: awka not compiling on win32
    ... Cygwin seems to "always work". ... I recommend trying it with Cygwin. ... using MinGW for compiling? ... of these two compilation systems/environments. ...
    (comp.lang.awk)
  • Re: awka not compiling on win32
    ... Cygwin seems to "always work". ... I recommend trying it with Cygwin. ... using MinGW for compiling? ...
    (comp.lang.awk)
  • Re: Python 2.3.4 hangs when run from modern cygwin/bash in WinXP, but is otherwise fine
    ... PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers ... > After installing Enthought's python and typing 'python' from within ... > cygwin the program hangs with no output. ...
    (comp.lang.python)