Re: SSL (HTTPS) with 2.4

Thanks for the update. I will/can keep you posted. I know for a fact we use a Squid proxy which sounds like what you are using. I am going to check out the faq you sent and see what it comes up with. I have also been perusing the net a bit and looking at other client packages and see if they work, such as cURL etc.

Thanks,

Andrew

Bloke wrote:
Andrew,

It seems I'm not the only one going nuts here.  I have just spent the
last 4 hrs stepping through the code in the debugger.  It seems to get
stuck somewhere in the socket module (when it calls ssl) but haven't as
yet figured out exactly where.

I am _very_ interested to find that you have the same prob with a
non-authenticating proxy.  I had considered I was doing something wrong
with the authentication, but from what you say, and from what I have
deduced from the code, it is not the authentication that is at fault.

Like you, a standard browser works fine, so I'm inclined to think there
is something buggy with the way the sockets module talks to the proxy.
There has been some suggestion that it may me a 'Microsoftish' proxy
which is at fault, but I believe it is a Squid proxy our company uses.

There is an interesting note here (
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html  setcion 11.34 )
regarding malformed https requests sent through Squid with buggy
clients.  It may be worth looking into.

Anyway, if you have any luck, _please_ let me know - I'm getting
desparate.

-- ************************************ Andrew Bushnell Lead Development Engineer Fluent Inc. 10 Cavendish Court Centerra Resource Park Lebanon, NH 03766 awb@xxxxxxxxxx Phone: 603-643-2600, ext. 757 Fax: 603-643-1721 www.fluent.com ************************************ .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSL (HTTPS) with 2.4
    ... is something buggy with the way the sockets module talks to the proxy. ... which is at fault, but I believe it is a Squid proxy our company uses. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Squid URL Filtering Bypass
    ... # Version: Squid Proxy ... tam = tam + len ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • OSX IE Squid Proxy Problem
    ... use IE 5.2.3 through a Squid proxy. ... the proxy server on both the new Squid and old NT4 proxy. ... If the OSX machine is set to use the old MS proxy it works fine. ... proxy even with authentication turned on. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.explorer)
  • Re: SSL (HTTPS) with 2.4
    ... Google has quickly become my friend and I am actually poking at cURL to see what benefit it will be. ... HTTPS over a proxy hasn't worked for a long time in python ... but I believe it is a Squid proxy our company uses. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • squid and sunscreen
    ... Recently I have implemented squid proxy in our network and I am ... a transparent proxy and make it to accept all the redirected packets. ... I have the problem with this redirection. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)